Sleeping in an ancient bed, surrounded by mighty walls, with a spectacular view of the fascinating Aosta Valley peaks and the surrounding countryside. All this is not only a luxury intended for princes and princesses, but it is a gift that you can give yourself to spend different moments than usual.
The medieval origin of the family home, located in the village of Povil in the Municipality of Quart just 8 km from Aosta, was the starting point for the realization of an articulated restoration intervention. All the constructive overlaps of recent times that did not allow a clear reading of the original structure have been eliminated. The perimeter masonry with high thickness, is made of stone and lime mortar. Some construction details such as the mullioned windows and the window grates, the main entrance door, the internal wooden beams, as well as the molded stone shelves of support, are originally from the casaforte. Other details, however, such as the interior doors, the floors and the lighting fixtures, are the result of valuable historical research.
Our family restores the last apartment inside the structure which measures about 150 square metres, also taking care and restoring the typical medieval furniture in poor art. In the structure there is also an old vaulted cowshed which is still used. Here guests can admire and contemplate the rural life of Aosta Valley.
The accommodation consists of a large living area on the ground floor and two bedrooms on the first floor, one double and one single, both with antique wooden ceilings with exposed beams. Each room has works of art created by local contemporary artists.
A bit of history
The Casaforte di Povil was a defensive tower, dating back to the end of the 13th century, owned by the Lords of Quart. In the 14th century it was acquired by the Lords of La Tour (PICARD family of Courmayeur), who initially added a body of equal height leaning against a buttress that crosses the access path. Over the years the use of the building became "rural" through the construction of extensions and elevations to the surrounding walls, around a quadrangular courtyard. The most significative modifications took place in 1627 and they are well indicated in the coat of arms visible inside the courtyard.
Our family bought the entire property from the local Lords, the PERRONE di San Martino. Count Ettore, memeber of the family and Baron of Quart died heroically in the battle of Novara on March 29th 1849.
Vivi un soggiorno unico